There was a time when I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Now, when I try to eat anything too sweet, too greasy, or too fatty, it is immediately followed with nausea and guilt. Thankfully, there are other ways to enjoy meals without the greasy aftermath and guilt.
This version of chili cheese fries is made with ground turkey and placed in a crockpot. The “fries” are baked potato wedges.
Making the Chili
- 2 lbs of ground turkey
- 1 can of black beans
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Spices of your choice (I used dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, paprika, chili, garlic powder, and black pepper)
- Cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes and red onion.
- Place all the ingredients in a crockpot. Set on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Making Baked Potato Wedges
- Olive oil
- 4 – 5 Russet potatoes
- Spices of your choice (I used rosemary, paprika, chili, garlic powder, and black pepper)
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Place the cut potato wedges in a bowl and sprinkle with olive oil. Add spices and toss potatoes until coated evenly.
- Line baking tray with foil and lay out potato wedges. Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes, turning potato wedges over at the 30 minute mark.
Once potato wedges are baked and chili is finished, mix it all together on a plate and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Enjoy your healthy meal guilt-free!