If you have ever walked down the aisle of your local farmer’s market, get overwhelmed by the boxes of cereal and think to yourself, “I wish I can just make my own cereal,” then this post is for you. It’s easier than you think and twice as yummy. I hope that this post inspires you to create your own “primal” cereal mix because the choices are endless.
– Medjool dates, preferred chopped
– Unsweetened shredded coconut
– Assorted chopped nuts (raw nuts preferred for this recipe): brazilian nuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts
– Nut milk: almond, cashew, coconut. *Consider using the recipe posted by one of our very own authors, Katrina (homemade cashew milk)
– Fruit of choice, consider using frozen fruits: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, peaches
Easiest thing about “primal” is adding all ingredients to a bowl, mixing it all up and topping it off with your nut milk.
And the best part? No need to worry about soggy cereal. The crunch of the nuts will last and the frozen fruit helps keep the nut milk cold. Winner!