Don’t kid yourself, this isn’t a healthy post. Today, I will share with you all one of my guilty pleasures: freshly baked Camembert Pastry Bread.
To me, there are few things better than fresh pastries or bread coming out of the oven. Now just stuff some cheese and jam in there and all my healthy eating goals are out the window. But I’m also a firm believer in allowing ourselves to have an indulgent meal/snack once in awhile. This falls into that category.
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll – you will only be using half of it, the other half you can make into 4 crescent rolls and use it to dip into the cheese bread.
- Camembert Cheese
- Fig Jam
- Open the crescent roll and use half (essentially 4 out of the 8 triangles that come in the package).
- Take a wedge of camembert cheese and place in the center. Smother with fig jam.
- Wrap the dough around the cheese and jam like it’s a little present for your tummy. It’s okay if there are little peep holes; this will actually help with letting it breath while it bakes and help the cheese melt.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 – 20 minutes or until the pastry browns slightly on top.
I like to enjoy it with some red wine, pears, and bread. Use pears, apples, or bread to dip into the melting cheese once you break through the pastry bread.