If you’re into healthy smoothies, then I have something for you! I discovered this recipe the other day when I was craving a refreshing drink before a workout, but didn’t want to consume anything sugary or unhealthy.
After looking into my fridge, I threw into the blender what was surprisingly a good blend! This recipe is great since all the ingredients I used are items I normally have in my refrigerator or pantry. If you don’t have these ingredients on hand, they’re fairly easy to find at your local grocery store.
Here are the ingredients:
- A big spoonful of peanut butter
- A tablespoon of raw cocoa (I used baking cocoa I had in my pantry)
- 4 pitted dates – I love using dates to sweeten drinks instead of adding sugar.
- A pinch on cinnamon
- About 2 frozen bananas – I like to freeze my bananas once they are overripe. This also helps make my smoothies sweet
- About a cup of almond milk, enough to help blend the mixture.
As you can see, the ingredients are all very loose. I don’t take precise measurements when I make smoothies, but I like to eyeball how much I put in. You can adjust the amount according to your liking. My instructions make about 2 servings of smoothies (or one big one if you’re extra thirsty).
Basically, throw all of these ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Sometimes, I like to make my chocolate smoothie after dinner as a bit of dessert. If you want an extra protein kick, add a spoonful of protein powder and drink before a workout. I’ve even added frozen strawberries before to this recipe and loved the berry twist. I hope you enjoy making this recipe!